Thursday, 6 October 2016
Mother killed, child injured as transformer explodes in Lagos community
A middle aged woman identified as Mrs Okanlawon Florence was today electrocuted in her residence at Shokoya Close off Dapson Street, Oke Ira Ojodu LCDA Lagos state. According to reports, the woman died while attempting to turn off her refrigerator following a fire outbreak from a PHCN transformer close to her house.
The deceased's 14 year old daughter identified as Okanlawon Taiwo was also affected by the fire from the transformer and is currently receiving medical attention at the General Hopital Ifako Ijaye.
It was gathered that the electrocuted woman died as a result of severe burns sustained.
Preliminary report gathered by the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency LASEMA showed that the fire emanated from a high voltage 25kva transformer ( a 4 building mini transformer) which affected four buildings namely , House number 4, 7, 9a & 9b whose power supply emanate from the transformer .
However, the fire was quickly put out by combined effort of bystanders and emergency response team from the state.
Senator Dino Melaye, representing Kogi West, has given more insight into how he escaped from gunmen who attacked him in Gwagwalada. Th...
A friend sent this to me , requesting i put it up for all of us to help this young beautiful soul Damilola , who was diagnosed with Kidney...
Must you Marry? For the past few days, pastor Adeboye's advice to youths on marriage have been trending all over the place. I ...